So, this "Love & Logic" book has been talked about in several conversations held between my girlfriends and I. We all seem to have have unruly toddlers and soon to be preschoolers. We've heard this book has worked miracles and we're all itching to get our hands on it. So today, I took my VISA check card, headed to Borders, and vowed that even if this mystical book cost me $50, it would be give me back $100 + in happiness.
So in I marched. "Where is the Parenting Section please?" The nice lady, who seemed to know I was on a mission, pointed me towards the back of the store. I'm sure the "Parenting Section" was placed at the back of the store for a reason and I'm also positive that many parental breakdowns had to have occurred in this taboo section on a regular basis. But on I went...I scoured the shelves....nothing. I got down on my hands and knees...still nothing. And then. There it was! The only copy on the shelf! It frightened me that so many people needed this book to gain control over their children. It also frightened me that someone could swoop in behind me and steal the only copy on the shelf! So I grabbed it up and said a silent prayer: "God please let this help stop all the yelling in my house." And off I went to purchase my "Holy Grail."
Consider yourself warned Liam. I will soon know what makes you tick...what makes you un-tick, and how to get you to do what I want you to do without even asking you to do it! (insert evil laugh...muuuuaaahhh!). Game on short stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment