Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Midnight freedom...


Tonight is the second night that Liam is being asked to sleep in his big boy bed. It seems impossible that he has turned 3, has a full vocabulary (some what of a sailors tongue), and that he will be starting 4 y/o kindergarton next year. Where has the time gone? I know people always say this...but REALLY!? WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?! My sweet innocent little boy that used to like to cuddle on my lap, hold my hand, and kiss my cheek has turned into a boy who squirms when I pick him up, would rather put something "alive" in my hand than hold it, and runs and laughs when I try to get my good morning and goodnight kisses. It seems like only yesterday I was rocking him to sleep and admiring how handsome his baby face was. Now I look at him and can see the grown up little boy who will undoubtedly drive all the girls crazy...So, even though tonight he may drive me crazy by coming to visit me in my bed every two hours...I will take comfort in the fact that he still needs me and is again the little boy that I remember from not so long ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment